What is “peace” to you? On a grand scale, perhaps peace looks like a lack of war, or famine or struggle. For some, “peace” might be having the circumstances around you fall into place, or the people in your life getting along (for once). Maybe it’s more simple than that is just the way you find your own, personal calm amid the storm. Whatever “peace” means to you- do you have it? If not, why?
Maybe you’ve defined it incorrectly? Let’s explore that. It’s important that, if you’re looking for something (like peace) in your life, that you understand what it is you’re looking for, so that you know when you’ve found it.
I know, for me, peace is an inner sensation, not an outside one (although external peace is lovely too!) – and if you’re anything like me, you struggle with your inner peace at times, especially when life gets real. That being said- you’re welcome to walk with me on the path the Lord is leading me, to understand and reconnect with Peace – body, mind and spirit.
DoTERRA has an essential oil blend actually called “Peace”, which is one of my all time favorite blends- and one of my most used. To me, it smells like a beautiful chocolate, with a hint of mint and a very subtle, distant note of vanilla. I LOVE it.
Here’s how I use it: First, once I pinpoint that it’s my inner peace I’m struggling with, I stop and take a deep breath, and reconnect with the composed, collected “me”. I use doTERRA’s Peace Touch Reassuring Blend to promote feelings of contentment, composure, and reassurance when anxious feelings overwhelm me.
- Place a drop into palms of hands and rub on the back of neck, over the heart, on your temples and bottoms of the feet.
- Take another drop into palms and inhale deeply- probably 10 times. As I do this, I meditate on spiritually uplifting concepts.
Philippians 4:8-9 tells us, “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.”
So, for example, I Google “Scriptures about peace” and I say things like:
- Psalm 29:11, “The Lord gives [me] His strength. The Lord blesses [me] with peace.”
- Isaiah 43:2-3, “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”
When feelings of fear and anxiousness creep into our minds, we seek for peace and reassurance from many sources- but the one, true source is the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. Though it can be difficult to remain calm and composed in our hectic, unpredictable world, doTERRA Peace Reassuring Blend provides an escape from discontent and worry and it’s a great tool for helping you focus your mind and attention on the peace, not the storm.
- Kids at night- layer on bottoms of feet along with Lavender
- Times of grief or pain- inhale and rub over heart and onto temples as often as needed
- Anxiousness- Diffuse or inhale directly, stop and think calming thoughts, recite a prayer or speak positive words
- Before a test or job interview or an upcoming difficult conversation- Rub onto temples, wrists and other pressure points
- At bedtime- Bottoms of feet and back of neck. Layer with Serenity, Vetiver and/or Lavender
If you’d like to get doTERRA’s essential oils into your home, I am happy to help you with that! Visit this page for all the information you need to get started:
If you’re interested in learning more about doTERRA’s essential oils, living a wellness lifestyle or how to get started with oils in your home, I’d love to connect with you!
I teach classes remotely (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Facebook etc.) or in person, and I love to even connect one-on-one if you’d like to have a conversation about essential oils.
Reach out to me and let’s talk!
CONNECT WITH ME:
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.