Have you finished your Christmas/holiday shopping? Have you STARTED? I haven’t. Even though there are only 17 days left until Christmas, I haven’t bought one, single thing for anyone (unless you count groceries for my family, which I think SHOULD count…)
Actually, I really do wish we could do more making of gifts than buying. I am definitely a person that appreciates the ‘thought’ behind a gift – that means something to me. Meaning is a big deal for me in life in general, and in the gifts I give, and I try to infuse the gifts I give with thought and intention and purpose. I’m the kind of person who would rather have a drawing or a poem or a pair of hand-knit socks than a new pair of earrings. (Not shoes, though. I always want shoes, first. That’s very thoughtful.)
See this picture? It’s one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten- just a simple, hand drawn sketch from my husband for our anniversary. One of my favorite possessions. It’s the little things, with me, really.
Speaking of thoughtful gifts, if you read my previous blog, on Myrrh, it was a really eye-opening one for me, personally, to learn the thought, intention and purpose that God put into the gifts Jesus received as a child. Gold, a gift of enduring value, Myrrh and Frankincense.
I always thought they were, well, random, until I learned more about them, and then I was brought to tears. God is a God of purpose- from the purpose He gives to each human life, to the deliberate and meaningful gifts He gives- and the gifts give to Jesus were deeply representative of His life, and death.
Frankincense essential oil is known as a “life or death” oil- why? Oh, you will want to know, friends. 🙂 And keep reading for a GREAT DEAL on doTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils, just for this month ONLY…..!
Enjoy today’s connection to: Frankincense.
Frankincense has been used since pretty much the dawn of man for everything you can think of. In fact, in doTERRA we say, “when in doubt, get Frankincense out”.
Known as the king of essential oils, Frankincense has a variety of notable uses and benefits. This powerful essential oil is revered for its ability to:
- Beautify and rejuvenate skin when applied topically
- Promote cellular health
- Strengthen immunity
- Produce a healthy inflammatory response when taken internally
- Promote feelings of satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and overall wellness
With all of its many uses, there is no question as to why Frankincense was highly esteemed by ancient civilizations and used for the most sacred of practices.
A few other ways to use Frankincense:
- Skin relief from unsightly and itchy, burny razor bumps – the chemical properties of Frankincense will aid in reducing appearances of skin imperfections and if you blend with lotion, it’ll keep help inflammation.
- Diffuse Frankincense oil to help create a sense of purpose and intention for the day. The fragrances of Frankincense essential oil will also help bring added satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and even feelings of overall wellness to your morning routine.
- One of Frankincense’s most powerful benefits is its ability to promote health, specifically cellular function. You can take Frankincense oil internally by adding one to two drops in a Veggie capsule or putting two drops into a shot glass and chugging it (this is what we do). This natural supplement will help support healthy cellular function.
- Add a couple drops of Frankincense oil to the moisturizer of your choice to help hydrate and rejuvenate the dry skin during the winter. I do this with my facial lotion as well and it has made a BIG difference in how my skin looks and feels.
- Speaking of skin, apply this to scars, stretchmarks, skin blemishes and other skin appearance issues. Do it regularly, frequently and consistently and you’ll see *results*.
- Whenever traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense oil to maintain healthy looking fingernails. Simply place a drop of oil on your nail and rub it around the cuticles and edges of your fingernails to help soothe dryness and keep them supple.
- The chemical components of Frankincense result in an extremely powerful aroma that can help to dispel negative feelings—like stress. If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood.
- Rub into gums or swish in your mouth for gum and tooth care, and/or put a drop onto your toothpaste to help promote a healthy state of your mouth and to help prevent issues from cropping up. This is good to do each day, but step it up if you’re not feeling well or something doesn’t feel right in your mouth.
- If you have, ahem, monthly lady issues, rub this over your external lady parts, where you cramp or get achy. Do as often as needed. Combine this with doTERRA’s Clary Calm for a major boost to moods and feelings and emotions. SO GOOD. Your family will thank you.
Of course there are many more ways you can use Frankincense, and the possibilities are endless. One amazing thing about Frankincense is that it acts as a ‘booster’ oil to anything you combine it with.
For example, if you’re using Lavender to calm skin or to rest at night, add Frankincense and it increases the effects of the Lavender. If you’re using Melaleuca to help with scalp issues, add Frankincense. If you’re using On Guard to strengthen your immune system, add Frankincense.
On my own kids, I have a roller bottle that I’ve filled with doTERRA’s On Guard and doTERRA’s Frankincense and topped off with fractionated coconut oil. This is rolled onto the kids’ feet twice a day, and on their brain stem and spine each night.
So, yeah, some people think I’m dreaming – to think that doing this with doTERRA’s oils is going to make a difference , but if my kids not being sick for a year is dreaming- DON’T WAKE ME UP!
GET. FRANKINCENSE. It lasts a long time, and it’s worth the money. Save up for it, do what you need to and get your hands on doTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Frankincense oil so you can safely take it internally. There’s a reason God the Father gave it to Jesus as a child. It’s THAT good.
Frankincense oil is derived from the Boswellia sacra tree and trees of a similar species. The Boswellia sacra is characterized by its thin and peeling bark, tangled branches, and clustered leaves at the end of the branches. The trunks of these trees often have more than one stem; however, some have only one trunk. The Boswellia sacra is native to Ethiopia, northern Somalia, south-western Oman, and southern Yemen.
Frankincense essential oil is derived from the ‘tears’ of trees that have been carefully scored, or “bled.” If cared for properly, frankincense trees can produce tears for hundreds of years! After a careful distillation process, the essential oil has a complex mixture of monoterpenes: alpha-Pinene, Limonene, alpha-Thujene, beta-Pinene — This number and variety of monoterpenes found in one compound is rare and it is this complex chemistry contributes to its renewing effects and makes Frankincense so powerful for supporting the diverse types of cells in the body.
In very much the same way as Myrrh is harvested, Frankincense oil has a high viscosity (aka “thickness” like honey). For centuries, the resin of the tree has been obtained by slashing or making an incision into the tree, which then emits large amounts of resin. After the resin secretes from the tree, it is then scraped off or collected as it drips onto the ground. When doTERRA obtains the resin from trees, the trees are carefully scored or “bled.” From there, the resin is delicately distilled and essential oils are extracted.
Hey, by the way, just so you are aware, Frankincense is relatively expensive and it should be. If you find “affordable” Frankincense- that is a WARNING to you. Toss it, now. Blech. Gross. Ick. Harvesting Frankincense resin is a difficult, dangerous and delicate process that requires careful planning and precise skill and takes over five months to complete the process- and typically the people who literally risk their lives to get it, are grossly underpaid.
DoTERRA’s oils are products using only Co-Impact Sourcing (read more HERE) which provides frankincense harvesters with fair wages and on-time payments (including food and cash prepayments spread out during the year) by working around the layers of middlemen and instead working directly with those who harvest and sort the frankincense.
If your Frankincense is “affordable”, it’s actually code for CHEAP and adulterated, while still being called “pure” (yes, the law allows for that). If you want to see real results, doTERRA’s Frankincense is Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade and no one else in the world holds that designation. Thank you very much.
You’ll find Frankincense in many of doTERRA’s product like my personal favorite, the Lifelong Vitality Pack!! Get this liquid life in your body, asap!! With so many benefits and uses, Frankincense essential oil has rightfully earned its title as the “king” of all essential oils. It’s beautifying, aromatic, and health-promoting properties are extremely powerful and can easily improve an everyday lifestyle. For anyone seeking a helpful essential oil tip, always remember, if in doubt, use Frankincense.
I mentioned above that Frankincense is a “life or death” oil – what does that mean? Well, let’s start with this: We know it was given to Jesus when He was very young, but the Three Wise Men, the Magi from the East (read my post on Myrrh for more on this). We know that, even then, all three of the gifts Jesus was given were costly and precious, as they are today. And because we know that God is deeply purposeful, He would have given His only Son gifts with deep purpose, intention and meaning.
Indeed, Frankincense fits that description. Jesus said Himself that He came to give use life, abundantly (John 10:10), but that He also came to die for the sins of mankind; He took the place of the Old Covenant sacrificial lambs, and offered Himself as the ultimate innocent sacrifice, once and for all- He died.
Frankincense is symbolic of Jesus death, and of His life. Jesus came for life and death. Frankincense, the king of oils, is a life and death oil. Here’s how:
Your body’s cells absorb the extremely small molecules of CPTG essential oils deep inside because they are small enough to pass through the cell membrane. Your cells treat essential oils like a food source and NOT like a medicine. Therefore, just like good foods give to you, your body’s cells are able to strengthen, grow, repair and thrive as needed. That is the “life” part- and doTERRA’s essential oils all behave in that manner.
(Side note: This is *exactly* why you MUST use only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils- What are you feeding your cells!? Only doTERRA provides the CPTG designation, btw)
On the reverse side, the complexity of the chemistry of Frankincense means that it has the power of “death” also- While this amazing oil provides life to healthy cells, Frankincense has also been shown in numerous studies to bring death to unhealthy cells.
Unhealthy cells cause all kinds of devastating damages to the human body and when they are present in their various forms, Frankincense communicates to them to kill themselves. Doctors and researchers are studying this like crazy because it has so much potential!
When you realize that, you can start to see why God placed such gifts into the hands of His son. Frankincense was representative of the reason for which Jesus was born in the first place- to bring life, and to die- which also ultimately brought life to all humanity.
John 3:16-17, “For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him.”
ALERT: HOLIDAY FRANKINCENSE DEAL!
So, it’s almost CHRISTMAS- the biggest gift-giving holiday of the year. Here’s what you need to know about doTERRA’s Frankincense right now:
If you do not have a doTERRA membership, NOW is the time to get one!! If you place **ANY** order worth 200 Point Value this month, you’ll get a FREE 15 mL bottle of Frankincense! F.R.E.E.
Please reach out to me to get this deal. (Or go here to get started on your own) Frankincense is a WONDERFUL, POWERFUL essential oil and it will make a lasting difference in your body, mind and spirit.
Be blessed, friends!
If you’d like to get doTERRA’s essential oils into your home, I am happy to help you with that! Visit this page for all the information you need to get started:
If you’re interested in learning more about doTERRA’s essential oils, living a wellness lifestyle or how to get started with oils in your home, I’d love to connect with you!
I teach classes remotely (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Facebook etc.) or in person, and I love to even connect one-on-one if you’d like to have a conversation about essential oils.
Reach out to me and let’s talk!
CONNECT WITH ME:
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.